Hello, fellow raccoon enthusiasts!
It is Joseph here, a professional onomastics expert with a penchant for naming pets. Over the years, I’ve had the pleasure of naming a myriad of animals, from cats and dogs to more exotic pets like raccoons.
If you’re here, it’s likely you’ve welcomed or are considering welcoming a raccoon into your life.
Let’s dive into some of the best names for these mischievous and adorable creatures.
|Scientific Name||Procyon lotor|
|Most Common Nick Names||Rocky, Bandit, Luna|
|Most Rare Nick Names||Zephyr, Seraphina, Nimbus|
Best Raccoon Names
Choosing the perfect name for your raccoon can be a delightful task. After all, this name will accompany your furry friend for life. Here are 30 of the best raccoon names that I’ve come across, each accompanied by a snippet of information to help you understand its meaning.
- Loki – Named after the Norse god of mischief, perfect for a playful raccoon.
- Bandit – Inspired by their mask-like facial markings.
- Mystique – For the raccoon with an air of mystery around them.
- Eclipse – A name that signifies the blending of light and dark, much like a raccoon’s fur.
- Panda – Because they somewhat resemble the black and white bear.
- Raven – A dark and mysterious name.
- Twix – For those who remind you of the caramel-chocolate treat.
- Nyx – The Greek goddess of the night.
- Shadow – Perfect for a raccoon that’s stealthy and elusive.
- Mocha – For those with a rich, brown hue.
- Pebbles – A cute name for a small and playful raccoon.
- Zorro – After the masked vigilante.
- Whisk – For the raccoon with particularly prominent whiskers.
- Maverick – For the one who likes to play by their own rules.
- Sable – A name that means black, for a raccoon with dark fur.
- Tango – Because sometimes, they dance around with such grace.
- Jester – For the one who’s always up to some antics.
- Kohl – Inspired by the dark eyeliner, highlighting their eyes.
- Puzzle – For the raccoon that’s full of surprises.
- Ripple – Inspired by the ripple effect they create in our lives.
- Smokey – For the raccoon with a smoky gray hue.
- Tinker – For the one who’s always fidgeting with things.
- Wink – Because they often have that cheeky look in their eyes.
- Zenith – For the raccoon that’s simply the best.
- Blaze – A fiery name for a spirited raccoon.
- Cosmo – For the raccoon that’s out of this world.
- Dusk – Representing the time they’re most active.
- Fable – For the raccoon with countless tales to tell.
- Jazz – For the one with a rhythm in their step.
- Nimbus – Inspired by the type of cloud, for a dreamy raccoon.
Female Raccoon Names
Naming a female raccoon can be a joy, especially when you consider their gentle yet playful nature. Here are some of the common and rare female raccoon names that are both charming and fitting.
- Luna – Meaning moon, perfect for a nocturnal friend.
- Bella – A beautiful name for a beautiful raccoon.
- Misty – For the raccoon with a soft, gray hue.
- Daisy – A fresh and vibrant name.
- Willow – Inspired by the graceful willow tree.
- Amber – For a raccoon with a golden-brown hue.
- Cleo – Short for Cleopatra, a queenly name.
- Ella – A simple yet elegant name.
- Fiona – Meaning fair, for a light-colored raccoon.
- Gigi – A playful and fun name.
- Hazel – Inspired by the nut, for a brownish raccoon.
- Ivy – A name that’s both elegant and earthy.
- Jade – For a raccoon that’s precious to you.
- Kiara – Meaning light, for a raccoon that brightens your day.
- Lola – A name that’s both fun and feminine.
- Mia – Meaning mine, for the raccoon you cherish.
- Nina – A sweet and simple name.
- Opal – For a raccoon that’s a true gem.
- Pearl – A classic name for a classic beauty.
- Quinn – A unique name for a unique raccoon.
- Rosa – Inspired by the rose, for a delicate raccoon.
- Stella – Meaning star, for the raccoon that shines.
- Tara – A name that’s both earthy and elegant.
- Uma – Meaning tranquility, for a peaceful raccoon.
- Vera – Meaning true, for a genuine friend.
- Winnie – A playful and whimsical name.
- Xena – For the raccoon warrior princess in your life.
- Yara – Meaning butterfly, for a delicate raccoon.
- Zara – A trendy and modern name.
- Lilac – For a raccoon that’s both soft and fragrant.
Male Raccoon Names
When it comes to naming a male raccoon, you’d want a name that’s strong yet endearing. Here are some available options to choose from, to strike the perfect balance.
- Max – A strong and classic name.
- Oscar – Meaning divine spear, for a spirited raccoon.
- Leo – Inspired by the lion, for a brave raccoon.
- Finn – A name that’s both fun and fierce.
- Rusty – For a raccoon with a reddish-brown hue.
- Jack – A timeless name for a timeless friend.
- Duke – A name that’s both regal and rugged.
- Ezra – Meaning helper, for a supportive raccoon.
- Hugo – A name that’s both strong and sweet.
- Ike – Meaning laughter, for a jovial raccoon.
- Jasper – A gem of a name for a gem of a raccoon.
- Kai – Meaning sea, for a raccoon that loves water.
- Liam – A strong and steadfast name.
- Milo – Meaning soldier, for a brave raccoon.
- Nico – A name that’s both cool and classic.
- Otis – Meaning wealthy, for a treasured raccoon.
- Pax – Meaning peace, for a calm raccoon.
- Quincy – A unique name for a unique raccoon.
- Rex – Meaning king, for a regal raccoon.
- Sam – A simple yet strong name.
- Toby – A name that’s both playful and powerful.
- Ulysses – For the raccoon with an adventurous spirit.
- Vince – Meaning conquering, for a victorious raccoon.
- Wes – A name that’s both modern and masculine.
- Xander – Meaning defender, for a protective raccoon.
- Yogi – For the raccoon that’s wise beyond its years.
- Zeke – Meaning God strengthens, for a resilient raccoon.
- Ash – For a raccoon with a smoky hue.
- Blu – A cool name for a cool raccoon.
- Cody – Meaning helpful, for a supportive raccoon.
Names For A Baby Raccoon
Baby raccoons, with their tiny paws and curious eyes, are bundles of joy that deserve the cutest of names. Whether you’ve rescued a baby raccoon or are just enamored by their charm, here are some adorable names perfect for these little critters.
- Bubbles – For the bubbly and lively baby raccoon.
- Pip – A tiny name for a tiny creature.
- Cubby – Inspired by their love for small, cozy spaces.
- Sprout – For the little one that’s just beginning to grow.
- Peanut – A nutty name for a small-sized raccoon.
- Muffin – Sweet and fluffy, just like them.
- Nugget – A golden name for a precious baby raccoon.
- Tink – Short for Tinkerbell, for a magical little being.
- Bean – Small, but full of potential.
- Doodle – For the playful and artistic baby raccoon.
- Puff – Soft and round, just like a puffball.
- Twinkle – For the starry-eyed baby raccoon.
- Giggles – For the one that brings so much joy.
- Wiggles – Inspired by their restless little movements.
- Chirp – For the vocal little one.
- Nuzzle – Because they love to snuggle.
- Pickle – A quirky name for a quirky baby.
- Jellybean – Colorful and sweet.
- Binky – For the baby raccoon that’s always soothed.
- Flutter – For the light-footed baby raccoon.
- Honey – Sweet and golden.
- Pebble – Small but significant.
- Ruffles – For the fluffy baby raccoon.
- Squirt – Tiny but full of spirit.
- Tickles – Because they bring so much laughter.
- Bud – Short for a buddy, because they’re your little friend.
- Cuddle – For the baby raccoon that loves to snuggle.
- Munchkin – A term of endearment for the little one.
- Petal – Delicate and beautiful.
- Squeak – For the vocal and expressive baby raccoon.
Unisex Names For Raccoons
Raccoons are versatile creatures, and their names should reflect that versatility. If you want a diverse name, here are your options.
- Sky – Inspired by the vast and limitless sky.
- River – For the raccoon that loves water.
- Sage – A wise and grounded name.
- Blaze – Fiery and passionate.
- Storm – For the raccoon with a strong presence.
- Riley – Meaning valiant and courageous.
- Quill – For the raccoon with sharp instincts.
- Harper – A musical name for a rhythmic raccoon.
- Dakota – Meaning friend or ally.
- Morgan – Meaning sea circle, for the raccoon that loves water.
- Casey – Meaning brave in battle.
- Avery – Meaning ruler of the elves, for a magical raccoon.
- Taylor – A classic and timeless name.
- Reese – Meaning ardor or heat.
- Rowan – Inspired by the rowan tree.
- Finley – Meaning fair-haired hero.
- Drew – Short and sweet.
- Jamie – A popular and versatile name.
- Parker – Meaning park keeper.
- Alex – Short for Alexander or Alexandra.
- Charlie – A classic and friendly name.
- Dylan – Meaning son of the sea.
- Lee – Simple and elegant.
- Jordan – A flowing and dynamic name.
- Reagan – Meaning little ruler.
- Taylor – A name that suits any raccoon.
Funny Raccoon Names
Raccoons are known for their mischievous nature, and sometimes, a humorous name is just what they need. If you have a somewhat naughty raccoon, here are some names to give them.
- Trash Panda – A playful take on their scavenging habits.
- Furball – Cute but fierce.
- Burglar – Always on the lookout for a snack.
- Paw-casso – The artistic raccoon.
- Fluffington – Regal and fluffy.
- Mask-arade – Always in disguise.
- Pawrince – The royalty of raccoons.
- Fuzzinator – Fuzzy and dominating.
- Chubby Checker – For the well-fed raccoon.
- Furry Fury – Don’t underestimate this ball of fur.
- Masked Muncher – Always in disguise and always eating.
- Raiding Raddy – The expert in raids.
- Pawsome – Simply awesome.
- Raffkus – Always causing a ruckus.
- Sneak – Always sneaking around.
- Furtastic – Simply fantastic.
Famous Raccoon Names
Raccoons have made their mark in popular culture, and some have even become household names. Here are some famous raccoon names from movies, series, and other media, that you might want to consider.
- Rocket – From “Guardians of the Galaxy”, a tech-savvy raccoon.
- RJ – From “Over the Hedge”, a mischievous raccoon.
- Meeko – Pocahontas’s raccoon sidekick in “Pocahontas”.
- Rigby – From the animated show “Regular Show”.
- Bert – From the movie “The Raccoons”.
- Ralph – Another character from “The Raccoons”.
- Bandit – From the animated series “Bluey”.
- Tico – The raccoon from “Dora the Explorer”.
- Ricky – From the children’s book “Ricky Raccoon”.
- Rusty – From the animated series “The Raccoons on Ice”.
- Rudder – From the game “Animal Crossing”.
- Tom Nook – The raccoon shopkeeper from “Animal Crossing”.
- Rory – Another character from “Animal Crossing”.
- Rex – From the animated series “Stanley”.
Naming your raccoon is a delightful journey that combines your pet’s unique personality with your creativity. Whether you’re looking for something classic, humorous, or inspired by popular culture, there’s a perfect name out there for your furry friend.
Remember, the bond you share with your raccoon is special, and the name you choose will be a testament to the many adventures and memories you’ll create together.